A special thanks to Gail Stokes, editor of All About Seniors, and Steve Luck, a Silver Hair Legislator, who spoke to us today. We have two new resources to add to our toolbox!
Check out this website http://www.silverhairedleg.org to find out more about South Carolina’s Silver Haired Legislature.
What a resource for the needs of senior adults! I did not even know this organization existed until today.
This organization was created:
* To identify issues, concerns and possible solutions for problems faced by the citizens of South Carolina, with special emphasis on issues related to seniors.
* To make recommendations to the Governor and to members of the SC General Assembly;
* To educate the public on Senior issues
* To encourage seniors to participate actively in public affairs;
* To function on a nonpartisan basis;
* To promote good government for all South Carolinians;
* To hold a Legislative Session annually